Bloomsburg, Danville, and Lewisburg, PA
Losing a tooth can be caused by a myriad of reasons, including traumatic injury, infection, or advanced decay. When you lose a tooth, especially in a highly visible area, it can cause a decrease in self-confidence and possibly cause embarrassment. Dental bridges are economical and common means of replacing missing teeth. General dentists in Bloomsburg at Hamilton Dental Care share what to know about dental bridges, so you can decide if it’s the right option for you.
Missing Teeth Lead to Costly Repairs
No matter the reason for missing a tooth, if it is ignored and not repaired, you could experience multiple oral health complications resulting in costly repairs.
Your Bloomsburg dentists at Hamilton Dental Care warn that one missing tooth could cause the following conditions.
- Uneven Bite
- Embarrassing Smile
- Teeth shifting out of place
- Teeth becoming crooked or overcrowded
- Decreased Chewing Ability
- Broken and Fractured Teeth
- Damage to Existing Dental Work
Understanding Dental Bridges
Dental bridges are an oral prosthetic that restores functionality and appearance when you lose a tooth. Fabricated with a dental crown on both ends and a pontic (false tooth) in the middle, the bridge fits over teeth residing on either side of the space. Dental bridges are cemented in place, and only removable by the dentist. The outside layer of the bridge is made of porcelain that matches your surrounding teeth, so it naturally blends with your smile. Dental bridges are durable enough to withstand chewing for many years.
Dental Bridge Benefits
Dental bridges can provide several advantages. Of course, some patients may prioritize the list differently, but the overall oral health improvements do not change.
Below is a list of dental bridge benefits you could experience
- Restoring the functionality of your mouth allows you to chew and speak regularly.
- Missing teeth can alter your facial appearance resulting in sunken cheeks and premature wrinkles, but dental bridges can restore fullness in your face.
- Dental bridges help distribute the chewing force across your teeth instead of favoring one side of your mouth when you lose a tooth. It makes eating your favorite foods much more enjoyable.
- When you are missing teeth, the surrounding teeth begin moving to fill in the open space. With a dental bridge, your teeth are not able to shift because they are held in place.
- Dental bridges restore your smile. No more gaps!
Dental Bridges in Bloomsburg, Danville, and Lewisburg, PA
It can be disheartening to lose a tooth, especially if it is visible when you smile. However, a dental bridge restores the natural use of your teeth without the fear of embarrassment. No matter how you lost your tooth, if you are ready to restore your smile, contact your professional Bloomsburg dentists at Hamilton Dental Care by calling (570) 387-0533 or request an appointment online today.