Bloomsburg, Danville, and Lewisburg, PA
When your smile is less than perfect, it can dramatically affect how you feel about yourself. You may notice a decrease in your self-confidence and find that you feel discouraged about your appearance. Additionally, your oral health plays a crucial role in your overall health and quality of life. Therefore, it’s vital to seek oral care for a healthy lifestyle and repair bad teeth. Whether you feel self-conscious about your smile’s appearance or have broken or decayed teeth, there are dental solutions to correct the problems and restore your smile. Therefore, our Bloomsburg family dentists share on the blog today potential options to fix bad teeth so that you can regain your confidence.
Fix Unhealthy Teeth That Decay
Teeth prone to rotting, breaking, or falling out may leave you feeling discouraged and at a loss because the condition seems out of control. Fortunately, our smile makeover dentists near Danville can address your dental problems, no matter how severe, and provide you with a confidence-boosting smile. But a nice-looking smile begins with good oral health habits. Our dentists recommend establishing a preventive oral health care routine that includes brushing and flossing daily. Furthermore, avoid the following to help protect your oral health.
- Acidic Foods and Beverages: Many foods and beverages have increased acid levels that can erode your tooth enamel and lead to decay. For example, tomatoes, coffee, soda, citrus fruits, and alcohol are all primary culprits for tooth enamel erosion if the acids are left on the teeth for a prolonged period.
- Sweet Foods and Beverages: Limiting sweet treats is best to prevent tooth decay. Since harmful bacteria feed on sugars and secrete acid that destroys tooth enamel, reducing your sugar intake lowers your risk of cavities. Those who excessively indulge in sweet foods and beverages should expect adverse impacts on their oral health.
- Dry Mouth: Saliva plays a crucial role in protecting your teeth and gums by washing away harmful bacteria and food debris. When you have chronic dry mouth or low saliva production, it provides optimal conditions for flourishing bacteria that lead to cavities or gum disease. Furthermore, some medications may cause dry mouth conditions, like antihistamines. If you experience dry mouth while taking a specific medication, contact the prescribing provider and request another prescription without dry mouth side effects if available. If switching medication is not possible, speak with our Bloomsburg dentists near you about solutions to combat dry mouth.
Fix an Unattractive Smile
After addressing your general oral health, you may wonder what options are available to restore your smile’s functionality and aesthetics. Our Bloomsburg cosmetic dentists offer multiple options for a smile makeover, no matter if you have decay damaged, crooked, gapped, or missing teeth. Below are a few options that can repair your smile and increase your self-esteem.
- Fillings – Patients with minor tooth enamel damage can benefit from same-day repairs using composite fillings. A color-matched composite resin fills in small holes or reshapes chipped teeth to restore the tooth’s appearance.
- Crowns – Teeth with severe decay or badly damaged may require a dental crown to restore functionality. Crowns cover the tooth’s entire exterior, which strengthens it against future damage. The dentist may recommend a dental crown if more than half of your tooth is decayed or damaged. The outer layer of the crown mimics the look of a real tooth and blends with your smile.
- Veneers – Dental veneers are an effective method of cosmetic dentistry to cover tooth discoloration, and address slightly crooked or gapped teeth. Veneers are a semi-permanent solution that can dramatically improve your overall smile aesthetics by covering the front surface of each tooth with a thin layer of porcelain that looks like real dental enamel.
- Extraction and Replacement – You may receive a recommendation to extract and replace your tooth in the worst-case scenario, such as when the tooth is not salvageable. With multiple options such as dentures, All on Four, and dental implants, you can replace your missing tooth and improve your oral health. The best way to know which tooth replacement option is right for you is to book a consultation to explore your options.
Smile Makeover in Bloomsburg, Danville, and Lewisburg, PA
Looking in a mirror and seeing a damaged smile may bring heartache. But, even though it may seem there is no hope to improve your smile, our friendly Bloomsburg cosmetic dentists assure you that with regular oral care and necessary dental treatments, you can have the smile of your dreams. If you suffer from poor oral health conditions and are ready to receive treatment, feel free to call Hamilton Dental Care at (570) 387-0533 or contact us online to schedule an appointment today.