Bloomsburg and Danville PA
At Hamilton Dental Care, we use dental bonding to treat a variety of oral conditions and to improve the look of your smile.
Dental bonding can treat or repair any of these oral health issues:
- Damage from tooth decay
- Closing a space or gap between teeth
- Changing the shape of teeth, or making them appear longer
- An alternative to old amalgam or metal fillings
- To protect tooth roots that are exposed by receding gums
What should I expect during a dental bonding procedure?
The tooth will be conservatively prepared and conditioned to accept the bonded restoration. Using composite resin chosen from dozens of colors and translucency, our doctors place and design the restoration to match the shape and color of your tooth. The restoration is then cured using an LED light which hardens the bond and the resin resulting in a beautifully esthetic restoration which will compliment your smile.
Benefits of dental bonding
- Convenience – Many dental bonding treatments can be completed in a single visit, while most other cosmetic dental procedures require multiple trips to the dentist.
- Economical – Dental bonding is less expensive than many other cosmetic dental procedures, making it ideal for patients or families on a relatively tight budget.
- Comfort – The dental bonding procedure is very comfortable. Many times the whole procedure can even be done without anesthesia.
How long does dental bonding last?
The materials used will last up to 10 years before they require replacement. You can prolong the life of a dental bonding treatment by practicing a good regimen of at-home oral hygiene and avoiding bad habits such as nail-biting, chewing on objects such as pens or ice, or opening objects with your teeth.
How much does dental bonding cost?
The cost of dental bonding will depend on each case, and whether you have dental insurance to help cover the cost. Hamilton Dental Care also offers a variety of payment options, including interest-free financing.
If you are interested in dental bonding, or to learn more, please contact the Hamilton Dental Care office today at (570) 387-0533.
We welcome patients of Bloomsburg, Danville, and Lewisburg, PA.