Bloomsburg, Danville, and Lewisburg, PA
If you need to have teeth replaced, dental implants are considered one of the ideal restorative treatments currently available. An implant consists of a tooth restoration that, like a crown, will match the shape and color of your surrounding natural teeth. This restoration is attached to an implant that is surgically placed into your jawbone, replacing the root of the natural tooth.
Still considering dental implants for your missing teeth?
Here are five major benefits.
- Dental implants are convenient and last longer than other tooth replacement options. They will not slip or fall out like dentures, and you never have to worry about messy adhesives. Since dental implants are permanent, they will look, feel, and function just like a real tooth, but it will last much longer. Other replacement treatments like dentures and bridges eventually must be replaced.
- A dental implant looks indistinguishable from your other natural teeth. Implants are not just identical in shape and color; they also are as strong as healthy natural teeth. You can eat any of your favorite foods without worrying about damaging the implant.
- Dental implants are easy to clean. You can maintain them just as you do your other existing teeth, through your normal oral hygiene routine of brushing and flossing daily.
- Implants prevent bone deterioration or bone loss that is typically associated with missing teeth. When you lose permanent teeth, one of the eventual consequences is deterioration of the jawbone. This can make your face seem “sunken-in” over time and leads to premature aging. The implant itself, a titanium screw that is surgically placed in the jawbone, serves as an artificial tooth root that continually stimulates the jawbone like your other natural teeth.
- Implants have no negative effect on your natural teeth. Other tooth replacement treatments, such as bridges, require grinding down the surrounding healthy teeth so that the bridge will have the correct amount of support when it is installed. An implant typically does not require treatment to adjacent teeth.
Why live with the inconvenience and lack of self-confidence from missing teeth? Enjoy all your foods again and restore your smile with dental implants, which can be installed by the restorative dentists at Hamilton Dental Care. Call our office at (570) 387-0533 to schedule a consultation.
During your consultation, it is important to have your oral health evaluated to determine your candidacy for a dental implant. The dentist will also discuss a timeline, as well as the costs involved with your implant procedure. During this time, we also welcome any questions or concerns that you may have regarding your oral health or your upcoming procedure.
Hamilton Dental Care is here to serve patients in the communities of Bloomsburg, Danville, and Lewisburg, PA.